At Essex Parking Sensors, we offer our clients a wide variety of accessories to make driving your vehicle more entertaining, more comfortable, and safer. One convenience and safety feature that you may not know you can add to your vehicle is a reverse camera.
Adding a reverse camera to your Audi A3 can help take the stress out of parallel parking in a tight spot, as well as make it quicker and easier to maneuver in traffic. It is also a great safety feature, since you will see what's behind you without turning your head.
Backing up is easier when you when you have camera technology in your Audi A3 to assist you in seeing what’s behind your vehicle. Shift into Reverse to activate the Reverse Camera on your MMI display. You not only get a rear visual when you’re slowly backing up, but guidelines help you navigate. Fixed guidelines direct you when you’re going straight back. Active guidelines show the path you intend to take when you’re backing up on a curve off the straight line. And there are enhanced park aids indicating which side an object is on and how close it is, as well as colored lines showing how close you are moving to an object behind your vehicle.
A AUDI A3 REVERSE CAMERA CONSISTS OF A CAMERA THAT MOUNTS ON THE BACK OF YOUR VEHICLE AND IS CONNECTED TO THE MEDIANAV DISPLAY. WHEN YOU PUT THE CAR INTO REVERSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE OBSTACLES, PEDESTRIANS, VEHICLES, AND OTHER SAFETY HAZARDS BEHIND YOU.
When the vehicle is reversing, the camera on the bumper transmits a view of the area surrounding the rear of the vehicle to the multimedia display accompanied by guiding lines. This system uses several guidelines for its operation (mobile for trajectory and fixed for distance). When the red zone is reached, use the bumper image to stop accurately.
- Red approximately 30 centimetres from the vehicle;
- Yellow approximately 70 centimetres from the vehicle;
- Green approximately 150 centimetres from the vehicle.
This gauge remains fixed and indicates the vehicle trajectory if the wheels are in line with the vehicle.
Make sure that the camera is not obscured (by dirt, mud, snow, condensation etc.).
Audi A3 Reverse Camera Settings:
With the vehicle stationary and the engine running, from the multimedia screen you can add or remove the guide lines and adjust the camera image settings (brightness, contrast etc.). Please refer to the multimedia instructions for further information.
The screen shows a reverse mirror image.
The frames are a representation projected on a flat surface. This information is to not be taken into account when superimposed on a vertical object or an object on the ground.
Objects which appear on the edge of the screen may be deformed.
In very bright light (snow, vehicle in sunshine, etc.), the camera vision may be adversely affected.
If the boot is open or poorly closed, the message “WARNING: Boot Open” appears and the camera display disappears.
This function is an additional aid. It cannot, therefore, under any circumstances replace the vigilance or the responsibility of the driver.
The driver should always be ready for sudden incidents while driving: always ensure that there are no small, narrow moving obstacles (such as a child, animal, pushchair, bicycle, stone, post, etc.) in the blind spot when manoeuvring.
Some of the key benefits of installing a Audi A3 reverse camera include:
- Reduced risk of dangerous backup accidents, 31% of which impact children younger than five according to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration.
- Eliminated blind spots, which lower the chances of costly property damage in a collision with an obstacle.
- On-screen guidelines that make it easier to park and back your Audi A3 into tight spaces.
- Automatic Assist. Automatically activates as soon as you put the car in reverse.
- Augmented Reality Technology. Moving superimposed graphic guidelines to assist you while parking indicating available space and optimal steering angles.
- Easy Park Assist. As you turn your steering wheel left or right the augmented reality guidelines will also move and assist you in calculating the best way to park avoiding any paint scratch.
- Vivid Images. The rear camera high-resolution 1080P HD offers you a clear view of obstacles.
- By using a wide angle lens, the driver will eliminate the risk of running over a small object or animal because they'll see it clearly on a screen.
- Drivers who are not familiar with reversing cameras also need to appreciate that there is no fiddling around with technology when they want to reverse since they will switch on automatically when the car's reverse gear is engaged.
Get Booked Today, Call 07710 179 477